Frequently Asked Questions
- Q.What if I have cataracts and glaucoma? If you're suffering from Glaucoma and Cataracts and are preparing for cataract surgery the iStent inject® may be the right fit for you. The iStent inject® can be inserted during cataract surgery to help successfully manage intraocular pressure.
- Q.What is a trifocal lens? A trifocal lens is an intraocular lens (IOL) that provides near, intermediate, and distance vision for clear, complete focus. The PanOptix® Lens is the first and only trifocal lens for cataracts in the United States that delivers enhanced quality and a complete range of vision.
- Q.What kind of doctors does your practice have? At Levin Eyecare not only do we have doctors who do routine comprehensive eye exams, we have a range of specialists who diagnose and treat eye diseases and conditions. We also perform cataract, lid, retina, and glaucoma surgical procedures.
- Q.Do you take insurance? Yes, we take almost all routine vision and medical insurance plans. Please contact us with questions about specific insurance plans.
- Q.What brands do you carry? From budget-friendly to high-end, we carry a variety of the most current styles available. Some of our brands include: Gucci, RayBan, Nine West, Flexon, Carerra, Nike, Oakley, Columbia, Maui Jim, Coach, Lacoste, Under Armour, Tom Ford, Oliver Peoples, Swarovski, and Christian Dior just to name a few. Stop in and see us to see everything we have to offer!
- Q.Do you sell glasses? Yes, every Levin Eyecare location except Overlea, Lutherville, and Eldersburg has an optical department with experienced opticians to help you choose the perfect pair for you. We offer a variety of frames and lens options including: bifocal, trifocal, transition, polycarbonate, and anti-reflective lenses.
- Q.Do I need a seperate exam for contact lenses? Yes, contact lens prescriptions often differ from your regular glasses prescription. The doctor will take a separate set of measurements and work with each patient to determine the best lens option for them.
- Q.How often should I have an eye exam? The standard of care is a yearly exam. Not only are we making sure that patients are getting the best vision possible with their glasses and/or contacts, we do a comprehensive evaluation that checks for any and all eye disease.
Still have questions? Please contact us.